When considering your Disney World Resort options, choosing one with a pool you look forward to enjoying is a must! Building in down time helps keep the pixie dust flowing–and helps you make the most of the magic wherever you are.
Here are five of the top pools at Disney World Resorts.
- Stormalong Bay is a sand-bottomed, free-formed pool shared between Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. There’s a pirate-ship themed slide on one end, a sand-bar themed kids area even adults won’t mind hanging out in, a lazy river and two hot tubs. There’s also another pool in back of the main slide, with its own smaller, kid-friendly slide! The pool bar at Hurricane Hannah’s offers sangria and Mickey Pretzels (among other tasty options.)
- Lava Pool, a newly reimagined area at Polynesian Village Resort, has a slide, a splash area for kids, and plenty of space to splash around or relax. It overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon and the resort’s beach, offering scenic views even at night, when Magic Kingdom’s Wishes fireworks light up the sky! The resort’s main Quick-Service restaurant, Captain Cook’s is steps away, and so is Barefoot Pool Bar and Pineapple Lanai, the resort’s very own Dole Whip location!
- Beach Pool at Grand Floridian Resort overlooks Seven Seas Lagoon and has a waterslide, waterfalls and an onsite lounge and bar. The Alice in Wonderland themed splash area is tons of fun for little ones, especially when it dumps a Mad Hat of water at regular intervals! Perhaps the most magical part of this pool, though, is watching the monorail glide by as you relax and take in the rest of the magical landscape!
- Silver Creek Springs Pool at Wilderness Lodge is inspired by national parks. Surrounded by pine trees and rocks, the pool’s allure begins in the resort lobby, where it flows out of the building down a waterfall and into the pool itself. A waterslide is built into the rocks, and hot tubs and a kid pool is right nearby. It’s a perfect blend of recreation and relaxation, and a great place to unwind from your busy days in the parks!
- Samawati Springs Pool at Animal Kingdom’s Kidani Village may be even more incredible than the main resort’s Uzima Springs Pool! Its nature-inspired, built-into-the-landscape allure makes it a peaceful place to unwind and have fun (with a lounge nearby for snacks and drinks.) Its extensive play area, including three areas of water activities for kids, offers tons of entertainment while parents watch and relax nearby.