Our Travel Planners hear this question often: What is the perfect age to take kids to Disney?
You might wonder how old they need to be to “remember” the visit, or how tall they need to be so you can enjoy the “bigger” attractions with the rest of the family.
While the reality may vary from one family to another, here are some great reasons to visit, no matter how young your little ones are!
- Your infant won’t recall her very first sight of Cinderella Castle, but you’ll never forget the look on her face when she reaches out to Minnie for the first time. Priceless.
- Your toddler is old enough to give Mickey a high-five, dance his heart out at a character dance party, and walk down Main St. USA! The photo opportunities are endless. (And Disney’s Memory Maker can help you capture them all!)
- Bring playtime to life: three-year-olds can transform into princesses or knights at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or mermaids and pirates at Pirates League. And four-year-olds can be Jedi-Knights-in-Training and fight the Dark Side.
- Many of Disney World’s attractions don’t have height requirements. Little ones can enjoy iconic experiences like Dumbo, Peter Pan’s Flight, The Seas with Nemo & Friends and much more. Character meet-and-greets and shows (featuring The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Mickey and more) are perfect for all ages.
- Children under age 3 are FREE at Disney World. They don’t need tickets or a dining plan to experience the fun. Children ages 3-9 are discounted as well, for both tickets and dining compared to adult prices.
Disney’s specialty is family fun, for all ages, so whenever you decide to visit, you’ll create memories of a lifetime! If you want to ensure the most magical, seamless experience, contact your Middle of the Magic Travel Planner or request a quote now! We love personalizing each family’s experience based on their individual interests and needs.