With the first half of 2016 officially behind us, it’s the perfect time to get a head start on holiday travel planning. If you’re wondering how the magic of Disney can enhance your family’s holiday spirit this year, we have the highlights covered for your favorite destinations (and the fee-free, stress-free planning, too!) Now who wouldn’t want THAT under the Christmas tree?! Here are just a few of the festivities you can look forward to in Disney World, Disneyland and abroad Disney Cruise Line during the holiday season.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: Experience the Best. Holiday Celebration. Ever. At this exclusive ticketed event at Magic Kingdom, you can meet your favorite holiday-themed characters, including ones who aren’t normally hanging around 🙂 Enjoy the special holiday parade and Holiday Wishes fireworks, and watch the snow fall on Main St. U.S.A. (without the chill!)
- Jingle Cruise: Enjoy this decked-out holiday version of the classic Adventureland attraction in November and December (official dates TBD.)
- Cinderella Castle: Watch Cinderella Castle transform nightly into a magical ice palace on Main Street U.S.A. This spectacular, breathtaking sight alone is worth a visit! You can also enjoy Christmas trees, colored lights and life-sized, entirely-edible gingerbread houses at the theme parks and at select Disney World resorts.
- It’s a Small World: The holiday lights at night – and the festivity throughout the attraction – will enhance your seasonal spirit even more than usual! Also, look for your favorite Disney characters along the way.
- Haunted Mansion: This attraction gets a makeover for the holiday season, courtesy of Jack Skellington and The Nightmare Before Christmas gang! Hop aboard a Doombuggy to retell this classic story of the holidays gone awry!
- Disneyland doesn’t have a formal Christmas event like Disney World, but every day is a holiday party! Starting in November (date TBD) you can find your favorite Disney pals walking around in their holiday best, and catch the holiday parade, shows and more.
Disney Cruise Line
- Very Merrytime cruises offer their own version of holiday pixie dust! Each of Disney Cruise Line’s ships is “decked” out for the holiday season, and display life-sized gingerbread houses of their own!
- Holiday deck parties and tree lightings, complete with character meet-and-greets and themed crafts are just a few of the ways Disney spreads the season’s greetings at sea!
- Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island exclusive to Disney Cruise Line guests, features snow “flurries,” an island version of Mrs. and Mrs. Snowman, and even the tram is in on the fun (dressed up as a reindeer!)
For more details, to stay up to date on event schedules as they’re released, and to start planing your merry-ful, magical celebration this year, contact your Middle of the Magic Travel Planner today! We’d love to sprinkle some extra pixie dust on your family’s holiday celebration this year!