We have more updates for you about Walt Disney World’s plans for its phased reopening! As this reopening process is unprecedented, we are working to get as much information as possible for our clients. Our travel planners are constantly staying up to date on all official information coming from Disney and considering how to best advise you on your vacation this year, next year and beyond. Here is some of what we know:
- Select hotels and the Fort Wilderness Campground will be opening June 22, 2020.
- Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are opening July 11, 2020.
- Epcot and Hollywood Studios are opening July 15, 2020.
- Disney Springs is currently open to guests. You can find all of the details about the stores and restaurants that are open now, as well as updated safety policies here.
- Guests who had existing plans before the parks closed will find dining reservations and experience reservations are being (or have been) cancelled. We will have the opportunity to rebook dining and experiences as those trips gets closer.
- The dining plan is no longer being offered for this year. This feature has been removed from existing reservations, with a refund or price reduction as applicable.
- Fastpass service is currently suspended. However, it is possible this will not be as significant of an impact, because crowds will be very limited. Our travel planners will continue to watch this, and will be able to advise you on how to minimize wait times.
- Crowds in the parks will be limited by a theme park reservation system. Disney Resort guests with existing tickets will have priority access to the system.
There is a lot more information here about safety precautions, and what will immediately be opening in late June and July at the resort. Other restaurants, experiences, water parks, and more will be added as quickly as Disney can add them safely.
We promise to keep you updated about changes that will impact your current and future vacation plans. Ultimately, we have learned from the past few months that a lot can change in a short period of time. This is a very fluid time. Thank you so much for your continued support of our small business. It means so much! We are here to help in any way we can, and answer all your questions with the most up-to-date information. Feel free to contact us here!