During our fourth annual Middle of the Magic Travel conference last month, our team ran the Castaway 5K*** together during our 3-night cruise on the Disney Dream! Motivating and encouraging each other while training and counting down gave our Disney vacation an extra purpose and reason to celebrate. Our Travel Planners are experienced runDisney racers and runners-in-training (often at once) and we’d love to help you discover the magical energy for yourself on your family’s next Disney vacation!
Here are some of the reasons we run on pixie dust (and for Disney bling!)
- The fun is as much about training with your family or friends as it is about completing the actual event. Together is better, and bonding with your loved ones in the process is sure to be a favorite memory.
- The Disney theming (based on characters, holidays, etc.) for each event gives you something extra magical and unique to look forward to, that you couldn’t experience otherwise.
- Finisher’s medals are themed by the race weekend and individual event, so you can accumulate quite a fun collection of Disney characters the more races you participate in.
- You can register for one or two races in a weekend–or if you’re feeling inspired, you can register for all of them and earn each finisher’s medal as well as a special themed one for the additional challenge!
- It’s completely acceptable to Never Grow Up, and to coordinate running costumes based on the event’s theme, or on anything Disney you want. Coordinating running wear as a group is extra fun, too!
- If you have young children, you can register for the 5Ks with a stroller! This is a great way to get in on the fun with your kids (and get a little extra workout, too.)
- Races are scheduled in early mornings so they don’t cut into park time (with the exception of runDisney Kids Races, which are typically scheduled later in the morning.)
***The Castaway 5K is an excursion offered by Disney Cruise Line on itineraries that visit its private island, Castaway Cay, and not an official runDisney event. (Please note it does not feature Disney characters along its route.) Ask your Travel Planner for more details for your next Disney Cruise Line vacation!